TENS + EMS + IFT + MICROCURRENT
Flexistim IF is an Interferential therapy unit that can be used both in a professional environment and at home to treat a variety of conditions including arthritis, joint pain, sciatica, spondylitis, Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis, muscle strains and injuries and provides general pain relief without the need for drugs.
Electrical impulses are sent through self-adhesive electrode pads which are placed on the skin around the area of pain. The impulses use Interferential therapy to combat aches, pains and strains to provide much needed relief when you need it most.
IFT (Interferential Therapy) delivers continuous stimulation deep into the tissue providing relief for deep seated pain and can reduce swelling and inflammation which can often be the source of the pain.
3 preset programmes and 3 user defined programmes enabling you to experiment and save your favourite settings.
60mA Peak to Peak pure sinusoidal carrier wave with constant energy (modified constant current) control and 40mA safety override for home use.
Portable and lightweight with belt clip included for mobile use.
Clear, backlit LCD screen for ease of use.
Removable, rechargeable Li-ion battery for use on-the-go and external mains adaptor for extended use.
Flexistim IF automatically starts using the Programme last used and also has a Usage Timer which records the total time it has been used, and the number of uses.
Automatic Keypad Lock if no button is used for 10 seconds with settings on manually adjustable programmes which can also be locked.
Leads Fault Detector in TENS and EMS modes, where the output level goes immediately to zero in the event of an open circuit.
Switching charging adaptor with both UK and EU connections.
WARNING AND CAUTIONS
1. Do not use this device on patients who have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or other implanted electronic devices, because this may cause electric shock, burns, electrical interference, or death.
2. Do not use this device on patients whose pain syndromes are undiagnosed.
1. Do not apply stimulation over the neck or mouth because this could cause severe muscle spasms resulting in closure of the airway, difficulty in breathing, or adverse effects on heart rhythm or blood pressure.
2. Do not apply stimulation across the chest, because IFT currents penetrate deep into the tissue and the introduction of electrical current into the chest may cause rhythm disturbances to the patient’s heart, which could be lethal.
3. Do not apply stimulation over the pregnant uterus.
4. Do not apply stimulation over open wounds or rashes, or over swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (e.g. phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins).
5. Do not apply stimulation over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
6. Do not apply stimulation in the presence of electronic monitoring equipment (e.g. cardiac monitors, ECG alarms), which may not operate properly when the electrical stimulation device is in use.
7. Do not apply stimulation when in the bath or shower.
8. Do not apply stimulation while driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which electrical stimulation can put the patient at risk of injury.
9. Consult with your physician before using this device, because the device may cause lethal rhythm disturbances to the heart in susceptible individuals.
10. Apply stimulation only to normal, intact, clean, healthy skin.
11. Using the device directly over metallic implants could cause the currents to focus over a small area, causing tissue burns. If you have metal implants, do not place the pads near, or across the implant, and adjust the intensity with care.
1. Since the effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown, stimulation should not be applied across the head and electrodes should not be placed on opposite sides of the head.
2. The safety of electrical stimulation during pregnancy has not been established.
3. Some patients may experience skin irritation or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation or electrical conductive medium (gel).
4. Patients with suspected or diagnosed heart disease should follow precautions recommended by their physicians.
5. Patients with suspected or diagnosed epilepsy should follow precautions recommended by their physicians.
6. Use caution when the patient has a tendency to bleed internally, such as following an injury or fracture.
7. Use caution following recent surgical procedures when stimulation may disrupt the patient’s healing process.
8. Use caution if stimulation is applied over areas of skin with less than normal sensitivity.
9. Keep this device out of the reach of children.
• Patients may experience skin irritation and burns beneath the stimulation electrodes applied to the skin.
• Patients may experience headache and other painful sensations during or following the application of electrical stimulation near the eyes and to the head and face.
• Patients should stop using the device and should consult with their physicians if they experience adverse reactions from the device.
Flexistim IF Multitherapy Unit
1 pack of 4, 50x50mm self-adhesive electrodes (CM5050)
1 x removable, rechargeable BL-6F Li-ion battery (B-BL6F)
1 x battery charging cradle (X-FLEX-CR)
Switching charging adaptor with 1 x UK (3 pin) and 1 x European (2 pin) mains adaptor plug (X-FLEXIPA)
2 x lead wires (L-ST2)
1 x instruction manual
1 x storage and transport pouch
There are currently no product reviews.